Roasting tomatoes brings out their deep, intense flavors while removing some of the juices that can be cumbersome. These roasted cherry tomatoes are delicious on crostinis, as they are flavored by olive oil and salt. With a sprinkling of thyme and rich creamy texture from the ricotta, these crostinis say summer in so many ways.
Roasted Tomato and Ricotta Crostini
1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
sea or kosher salt
1 bunch of thyme
1/2 cup of ricotta
1 sourdough baguette, cut into 12 crostini pieces
1. Roast the halved cherry tomatoes with a generous drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sea or kosher salt in a dutch oven or a baking dish for one hour at 425 degrees.
2. Toast the crostinis in a toaster or in the oven when the tomatoes are done roasting.
3. Cover each crostini with a spreading of ricotta.
4. Scoop a generous heap of roasted tomato onto each crostini.
5. Sprinkle thyme leaves and salt onto each crostini to garnish. Serve.
elorialscott made it!