Create these cute easy-to-make mummies and add them to your Halloween decorations. The kids just love these adorable little creatures so let them make their own during this years Halloween party.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Will Need
1) Rocks (I went hunting in my backyard landscaping for river rock)
2) White and yellow craft paint
3) Black Sharpie pen
4) 2 Paint brushes (large and small)
5) Clear protective coating
Step 2: Instructions (steps 1 and 2)
1) With the large paint brush and white paint, paint your rocks completely (front and back)
2) When the white paint is COMPLETLY DRY draw the mummy face creating eyes, nose, mouth and the outline for the mummy wrap using a black Sharpie pen
Step 3: Instructions (steps 3 and 4)
3) With the small paint brush and yellow paint create the eyes and teeth. Several coats might be needed to cover the black ink completely
4) When the yellow paint is COMPLETLY DRY draw the 'googly' eyes over the yellow paint with a black Sharpe pen
Step 4: Instructions (step 5) - Optional
5) You can make the mummy look a bit dirty (old) by adding some grey paint (white with a spot of black) to some of the edges of the mummy strips (arrows)
Step 5: Instructions (step 6)
6) Protect your mummies with clear protective coating