The following tutorial is here to help you go from Nappy to Wavy. This is the official guide to get you on your journey to "360".
Step 1: Materials
- All you need to achieve 360 perfection is:
- A Medium Boar Wave Brush
- Shampoo (anything that works for you)
- Wave Styling Grease ( Taliah Waajid :Curly Curl Cream is preferred)
- Wave Cap (doesn't have to be expensive)
Step 2: Lather Up.
- Put an applicable amount of shampoo in hand.
- Lather scalp with shampoo.
Step 3: Brushing Suds!
With a lathered scalp, brush hair in all directions (downwards, with the grain)
*this process helps reveal your first steps toward a wavy pattern*
Step 4: Grease Up!
- Take a Quarter size amount of Taliah Waajid :Curly Curl Cream (or another wave styling gel) in palm of hand.
- Rub through hair, evenly.
Step 5: Brush and Brush and Ummm..... Brush
Just as you did in the shower, brush in all four directions in a downward (with the grain) way
Brushing is essential to getting the pattern showing
Just keep on brushing and brushing and ummm... Brushing
Step 6: Caps On.
Take your wave cap and put it on. Simple right?
*this will tighten your wave pattern and conceal the flow*
Step 7: Repeat
"Repeat as Needed" or until waves form and get wavier.
Remember that brushing is the only way to achieve a wavy pattern
Patience is a virtue.
Step 8: Brush and Cap More!
Periodically Take off Your Wave Cap to Let Brain Breath
Repeat until you achieve the style you like.
Step 9: Thank You!
Thank you and hopefully I was a help on your journey from Rough to Wavy!