Intro: Rubber Powered Dart Launcher & Darts
In this Instructable I will try to show how to make a top little rubber powered dart launcher and darts.
The gun is based on the glove gun I made in an earlier instructable, but this is designed specifically for darts or little arrows and does not require the finger of a rubber glove - just a strip of rubber as you will see.
Step 1: What You Will Need
- A length of plastic pipe about 400mm long. Half inch pipe is fine.
- A strip of rubber from a rubber glove or similar. 200mm x 20mm approximately.
- Duct Tape.
- Bamboo barbecue sticks. Available from any supermarket.
- Duct Tape
- Hacksaw to cut the pipe.
Step 2: Make Your Launcher
Simply tape the strip of rubber to one end of the pipe as shown in the pictures. Use enough duct tape so the rubber won't pull out when you pull back on it.
Your launcher is now ready. Just need some darts.
Step 3: Make Some Darts
Just back from the sharp end of the dart wrap a strip of duct tape about 20mm x 100mm around the bamboo stick. This will give the dart some weight at the front.
To make the flights use duct tape. Leaving enough length of shaft to grip with your fingers, wrap the tape around the stick and make three folds as in the pictures. With scissors trim the flights to the desired shape. They will need to be small enough to pass through the pipe of the launcher.
Repeat this process until you have enough darts.
Step 4: Shooting
To fire the dart gun just:
- insert the dart into the breech,
- put the rubber over the end of the dart,
- grip the dart through the rubber,
- pull back, *** DO NOT pull back so far that the dart comes out of the gun completely unless you want to punch it through your other hand.
- Aim at your target,
Step 5: Variations on the Gun
Variations of this simple design are only limited by your imagination.
I hope you can have some fun with it.
souleaterVS made it!