WARNING: HACKINTOSH CAN DESTROY YOUR DATA, YOU MIGHT LOSE IT, 50-50! BACK UP YOUR DATA, THIS IS A WARNING!
Are you a super-duper mega geek or a novice computer user who wants to install "Mac OS X Mavericks" on a PC?
Yes you can! Please read the warning before even thinking about installing Mac OS X.
First of all, check if your PC is compatible and do some research on Hackintosh before installing it!
- Hackintosh = A PC that has Mac installed on it
- Macintosh = A Mac PC
- Mac OS X Mavericks = The Mac operating system
- Niresh = A guy who hacks Mac software
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA LOSS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Get Niresh Mavericks
Yes, you actually need to download Mavericks, but not from the Mac App Store, but from http://www.hackintosh.zone/downloads/download/75-n...
If you are downloading the USB version, use Win32DiskImager to write it to your flash drive, otherwise burn the image to a disc (a DVD 4.7 GB).
When you are done with all of that, reboot your PC and boot from your USB Stick or DVD.
Step 2: Install Niresh Mavericks [PART 1]
Now, you are prompted with a menu, select "Niresh Mavericks" or something similar and boot!
WARNING: Patience is key, so wait! After 30 mins ONLY you can give up!
If you can't get it working, try the following:
- Boot from Niresh Mavericks with "GraphicsEnabler=No -v"
- Boot from Niresh Mavericks with "GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x xpcm-free"
- Boot from Niresh Mavericks with "GraphicsEnabler=No -v PCIRootUID=1"
- Boot from Niresh Mavericks with "GraphicsEnabler=No -v PCIRootUID=1 -x xpcm-free"
If you still can't get it working, post a thread on the Hackintosh forums with your issue and your system information!
Step 3: Install Niresh Mavericks [PART 2]
You've made it so far, great! Now you need to partition your disk, this is hard so make sure you've backed up EVERYTHING!
1. Open Disk Utility from the Utilities menu
2. Erase your disk with "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)", or something similar
3. When done, return click next, and read the license agreement
4. When you are prompted to select a disk, select your disk and click "Customize" on the bottom-left corner of the window
5. Select the drivers/patches you need for your Hackintosh, remember to choose carefully or the installation might fail!
6. Click "Done" or "OK" and install! Remember, patience is key!
Step 4: Start Up From Your Installation
Ok, now boot your hard drive and see if you can boot, if you can't or if you get "error0" or something similar, boot from the flash disk and select your disk to boot from.
Sound isn't working
Network adapter is not working
Display resolution is low
No HPETS available
If you get any of these errors, post about it in the Hackintosh forums!
Step 5: You're Done!
If you have no issues and you're in Mac OS X with a setup screen, set up your Hackintosh and get going!
If you have any issues, comment about it and I might be able to help you! Enjoy!
Cool things you can do with your Hackintosh
- Show off that you're a genius, with Mac on a PC!
- Tell other people how to do it
- Make a Hackintosh community
- Build an awesome gaming rig with supported hardware (NVIDIA/INTEL cards supported)