dumpvdl2 turns your Realtek RTL2832 based DVB dongle into a Air traffic vdl2 VDL Mode 2 message
decoder and protocol analyzer generic data receiver quick and easy installation.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Install Requirements
- VMware Workstation PlayerGNU Radio Live SDR Environmento
Windows system machine with 4gb of ram and dual core processor, rtl sdr device.
Step 2: Pre Installation
- Download GNU Radio Live SDR Environment
- Download VMware Workstation Player
- Install VMware Workstation Player
- Start VMware Workstation Player
- Create a new virtual machine , installer disc image file (iso) with GNU Radio Live SDR Environment imageOpen virtual machine
- Download dumpvdl2-master.zip from Link: https://github.com/szpajder/dumpvdl2 or use git
- Install dumpvdl2
Step 3: Installation
Step 4: Running
Default receive mode, attempt to decode all known devices,open terminal insert:
./dumpvdl2 --rtlsdr 0
Simplest case on RTLSDR dongle - uses RTL device with index 0, sets the tuner gain to 40 dB and tuning correction to 42 ppm, listens to the default VDL2 frequency of 136.975 MHz, outputs to standard output:
./dumpvdl2 --rtlsdr 0 --gain 40 --correction 42
Link code: https://github.com/szpajder/dumpvdl2