Introduction: SMART INSTALL LTE-Cell-Scanner ON WINDOWS WORKSTATION AND VMWARE WITH RTL_SDR
continue to contribution test code sniff gsm traffic with Evrytania/LTE-Cell-Scanner quick and easy installation.
My Link: https://giammaiot.blogspot.com/
- VMware Workstation Player
- GNU Radio Live SDR Environment
Windows system machine with 4gb of ram and dual core processor, hackrf or rtl sdr device.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Installation
- Download GNU Radio Live SDR Environment 3.7.11
- Download VMware Workstation Player
- Install VMware Workstation Player
- Start VMware Workstation Player
- Create a new virtual machine , installer disc image file (iso) with GNU Radio Live SDR Environment image
- Open virtual machine
- Download ZIP file to github of Evrytania/LTE-Cell-Scanner
- UnZip Evrytania/LTE-Cell-Scanner on desktop
- Download ZipFile from GitHub:
- Fix lib and dependencies:
sudo apt install libblas-dev librtlsdr-dev libncurses5-dev libitpp-dev -y
- Quick build instructions:
sudo make install
Step 2: Running
I advise you to search online the frequencies allocated for your area of lte channel.
Quick usage instructions:
- Search for LTE carriers within a common LTE frequency range used in the US:
CellSearch --freq-start 715e6 --freq-end 768e6
- Start tracking LTE cells on frequency 739 MHz:
LTE-Tracker -f 739000000