Hi dear visitors of my page and viewers of my YouTube Channel ! Today I want to show you how to save money and UP-CYCLE some of the household products that everybody likes throwing away and making our planet more and more dirty! You may RE-USE: table clothes, Vitamin and different prescription drug jars and their tops / caps, even paper towel and toilet paper cartons and make beautiful projects for your own house / apartments! You may even make some nice wreaths for hanging over the doors and windows and walls IF you start thinking out of frame !
Please follow this Instructable and you will see how easy it is: to keep our planet GREENER and CLEANER!!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: ITEMS NEEDED OR CLUTTER COLLECTED FROM YOUR HOUSE :))
Well, let's start from a good Spring Cleaning around our house and see if we can find:
1. old tablecloths (mono-colored or multicolored ones)
2. some empty paper towel carton-rolls (you may even use the toilet paper carton-rolls)
3. some vitamin or medication jar tops (you may also find some plastic or aluminium tops from different juice or jam bottles / jars)
4. find a flower foam (check out the video to make sure you find a correct type)
5. find some glue sticks and a glue gun
6. you probably have a lot of faux /fake flowers and leave stems at home (so just pull out the leaves and keep for your wreath)
7. If you can't find a golden duct /decorative /scotch tape, then you may use a mod-podge and golden craft glitter
8. you have also some scissors and either crayons or some permanent markers or pens of rainbow colors
9. you may need to find nail-polishes or spray paint or any type of acrylic paint that have all the colors of the rainbow or at least six colors: pink, violet, orange, yellow, green and blue.
Step 2: MAKING OF THE WREATH
1. OK, now that you have found all the needed items for your future beautiful wreath, start from cutting a wide and long strip (about 4 times longer than your flower foam) from your old table-cloth, or you may also use any green colored ribbon (preferably light or grass green). Then slowly and nicely wrap it around the foam to cover the whole surface and hot-glue or scotch tape the ends.
2. Then you need to prepare the rainbow colored paper flowers. I chose to make two from each color (as I didn't have the red color, I had to make only six colors times two: 12 paper flowers). First: cut the paper roll into two pieces, then cut the flower petals: total of 24 petals on each flower. Then color with either some crayons and nailpolish or markers from one side and a spray paint from the other side. At the end, hot glue the duct-taped jar top into the middle of your paper flowers.
NOTE: For the paper flower detailed tutorial watch the video please (I show everything in my YouTube DIY tutorial).
After you have all your flowers ready, start hot-gluing them one by one to your wreath. You can decide to spread different colors on the front and sides of your wreath or you may glue them like the rainbow, meaning: blue, violet, pink, orange, yellow and green.
Step 3: ATTACH THE LEAVES AND THE BACK OF THE WREATH
After your flowers are attached, now it's the time for the faux / fake leaves! First try to cover the areas that have larger spaces between the flowers and then try to push and pull the leaves in a way that they look more natural to a viewer's eye :)) You may use hot glue gun again but be careful not to burn the stems of the leaves or the tablecloth (which can be from a very thin material).
Step 4: ENJOY LOOKING AT YOUR CREATION !
Now decide where to hang it for your whole family, friends and neighbors to enjoy your RAINBOW SPRING / SUMMER WREATH!!!
I have hung mine on my front door from the inside, cause I want to enjoy my DIY for a long time. If I hang it outside, the street dust may fade my hard work in two-three days :))
I guess, you have accomplished your mission of DE-CLUTTERING YOUR HOUSE as well as our planet:)) Congratulations on your cute up-cycled wreath creation !
Participated in the
Rainbow Contest 2016