Intro: Sabering a Champagne Bottle
Sabering is a spectacular way to open a Champagne bottle, and begin a celebration. In this video, I'll show you how I do it, complete with tips, trivia, and techniques.
Step 1: Tips
- Make sure the bottle is super cold. Merely refrigerated bottles won't saber well.
- Once the muselet (cage) is removed, best to hold the cork in place with your finger until just before sabering.
- Hold the blade flat against the bottle.
- Hide your thumb in the indentation in the bottom of the bottle.
- Be sure to aim the bottle away from people and property!
- Have a glass handy in case any bubbly pours out.