Give a vegetarian twist to your regular pulao.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
SERVINGS: 6 persons
3-4 green chilies
1/4th bunch coriander leaves (dhaniya)
½ cup oil
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
½ cup Brown Onions
1 ½ teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
2 potatoes, cubed
½ cup peas
2 carrots, cubed
1 cup french beans, chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
½ bunch kasuri methi (fenugreen leaves)
½ kg rice, soaked for 30 minutes
1 cup yogurt 4 green chilies
1. Blend green chilies and coriander leaves in a blender with a little water.
2. Heat oil.
3. Add ginger garlic paste along with coriander paste. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add brown onions, salt, turmeric (haldi powder), coriander powder (dhaniya powder) and chopped tomatoes. Fry well for a couple of minutes.
5. Add all vegetables with 1 cup of water. Cover with a lid and cook till vegetables are half done.
6. Add yoghurt, green chilies and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add in soaked rice with 2 ½ cups of water.
8. Cover and cook till rice is done.
9. Serve with raita & chutney.