Intro: Sago Pearls Upma-An Energy Break Fast
An energy booster with carbohydrates and protein as its main macro nutrients.
Step 1: Ingredients,seasoning and Garnishing
- Sago pearls
- Green peas
- Cumin seeds
- Black gram
- Ground nuts
- Curry leaves
- Green chilies
- Rock salt
- Pinch of turmeric
- Coriander leaves
Step 2: Make Pearls Ready to Cook
- Soak sago for 4 hours
- Check whether it was smooth enough by pressing one sago with your fingers
- If it is as shown in picture ,then it is ready to cook otherwise let it be for an other half hour and check it again.
Step 3: Make Veggies Ready
- Grate carrot,coconut and ginger
- Cut onion vertically
- Open green peas
Step 4: Seasoning
- Take table spoon oil in cooking pan
- In it keep Black gram,cumin seeds, mustard and ground nuts
- After a moment keep curry leaves and green mirchi
Step 5: Adding Onions and Spices
- Add cut onions, pinch of turmeric,rock salt as required
- Mix them well for five minutes and add green peas
Step 6: Add Water
- Pour some water and keep a lid
- Stir occasionally for approximate 3 minutes .
Step 7: Adding Other Veges
- Add grated carrot,coconut and ginger.
- Fry them continuously for 2 minutes approx till golden brown.
Step 8: Add Pearls and Salt
- Add soaked pearls which are ready and add normal salt as required.
- Stir well till all are mixed.
- Sago pearls upma is ready.
Step 9: Garnish and Serve
Take it in a plate,garnish with carrot and coriander leaves to serve.