To round out my Adventures in Sangria, I had to give Sangria Popsicles a try. A much lighter version of sangria, it's the high juice content that allows these treats to freeze so well. Mix in your favorite summertime fruits, and you've got a sure winner. It's sangria on a stick! And for a non-alcoholic treat, just substitute the wine with white grape juice.
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup peach juice
- 1 1/2 cup mixed chopped fruit (I used grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and nectarines)
- Combine wine and fruit in a bowl and allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Add the juices and stir.
- Taste to see if you want it t be sweeter - then add simple syrup, agave, or more juice to taste.
- Spoon into popsicle molds, making sure to distribute the fruit.
- Freeze until solid.
- To remove the popsicles, run the molds under warm or hot water for a few seconds.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.