Introduction: Sat on Your Tablet? Remove the Screen Stain With a Suction Cup.
About: I'm a Dutch guy doing things with music and technology. At the moment I'm finishing my MSc in Industrial Design. Not limiting myself to any genre or discipline, I like to work on anything related to music, d...
So, I sat on my tablet and this nasty oily stain appeared. I google around and didn't find anything useful. I tried massaging it out with little success and I just accepted my screen was damaged. Until Instructables user joshatron9695 told me in my cd spindle tablet stand tutorial that it was possible to remove the stain with a suction cup. I tried it and it worked miraculously. So to help others find this method a bit more easily I'm creating this Instructable with a little video.
What you'll need:
- A tablet (or phone) with a damaged screen
- A decent suction cup (can be from a car-window phone holder)
Now just watch the video or follow these instructions:
- Now what you'll want to do it first clean the suction cup to be sure it won't damage your screen.
- Second, put the suction cup on your screen just outside of the stain.
- Gently pull on the suction cup and you should see the stain shrink.
- Don't get too hasty now! Just remove the suction cup again and place is a bit closer to the stain again.
- Gently pull again.
- Repeat until the stain is gone.
- Congratulations, your screen is perfect again!
Note: In hindsight I did find a few website detailing this procedure, strange that I didn't see them the first time around:
Did you make this project? Share it with us!