Introduction: Savory Spaghetti Squash Vegetarian Recipe
This is a savory spaghetti squash vegetarian recipe, the reason I call it quatro is because in Spanish the word means four and I use four main ingredients, parsley, squash, black beans and tomatoes. Spaghetti squash is undoubtedly one of the most unique foods you’ll come across. This melon-shaped squash is named for its flesh, which separates into spaghetti-like strands after it’s cooked, it can be considered a summer or winter squash and is available year-round in most grocery stores.
- I medium size organic spaghetti squash, cooked (see instructions below)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch organic Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 x (13.5 oz.) can of organic black beans, rinse and drain
- 2 organic tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. organic GF dried basil leaves or
- 1 tbsp. fresh organic basil, chopped Sea salt to taste
- 1 pinch of organic GF cayenne pepper (optional) Garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes
- Add olive oil and garlic into a large sauté pan, sauté garlic for 1 minute, add parsley and stir-fry for 5 minutes
- Add beans, tomatoes and basil and stir-fry for 3 minutes
- For the squash ~ Preheat oven to 375 F • Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and bake it, flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, at 375 F for 30 minutes or until you can pierce it with a knife with little resistance, then scoop out your strands of spaghetti it should be stringy.
- To serve ~ Place spaghetti onto a large platter, sprinkle with salt, add parsley and bean mix and toss gently. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley, if you would like cheese add freshly grated Parmesan…this is super delicious vegetarian meal!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.