I really like these savoury muffins. I think the combination of goat cheese, spinach, eggs and bacon is too good to be hidden in my private recipe book :-)
The muffins are very easy to make and you can adjust them in the way you like.
Add more bacon - check.
Add more cheese - check.
Change the cheese to a feta cheese - check
Skip the muffin cups and put everything into a tarte form - check, but consider that the baking time might change.
Or just follow the recipe for the first time and adjust them later :-)
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
Savoury Muffin Recipe:
5 eggs, medium size
80gr bacon slices, I used air dried, but you can use your favorite one
150gr goat cheese
300 gr frozen spinach, I used chopped spinach, but you can also use whole leaves
- mixing bowl
- anti sticking pan
- 12 silicon muffin cups
Step 2: Preparation of the Ingredients
1. Set your oven to 175°C/350°F
2. Thaw the spinach, either by using your microwave or put it into a bowl and set it to your sink which is filled with hot water.
3. Beat the eggs into the bowl and mix them together with salt and pepper.
4. Slice the bacon and stir fry it in your anti-sticking pan until lightly crispy.
5. Crumble the goat cheese - yes, crumble it, but not to small.
6. Take the defrosted spinach and squeeze the water out.
Step 3: Stack the Things
If you're using silicone cups you don't have to do anything else, if you're using a muffin form, you might want to grease it before filling the molds.
Evenly spread the ingredients into the muffin cups.
1. Start with the spinach
2. Followed by the bacon.
3. Topped by the goat cheese.
4. Drowned by the egg batter - just kidding, it might be 1-2 table spoons per cup, not more.
5. Set it into your heated up oven.
6. Wait for approx. 25min until the cheese on top is lightly browned.
Step 4: Eat and Enjoy
It's ready to be enjoyed.
They are delicious and they satiate for a longer period of time.
As a snack for the evening, the breakfast in the morning or as lunch at the office/school/university (choose which one you prefer).
I usually heat the muffins for 15 sec in the microwave before eating them, but they also taste nice served cold, so maybe for your next picnic?
And by the way, they are also low-carb and ketogen, just in case you or someone in your closer surroundings is following this diet :-)
Participated in the
Snacks Contest 2017