Samosa - A tasty and famous Indian Snack that has a crunchy outside and a tasty inside. It became more popular through out the world due to its taste and the crunchiness.
Egg - By itself is a healthy, tasty and easy to cook food.
In this instructable, I would like to show you an easy and simple way to cook Scrambled Egg Mini Samosas. These are bite size samosas that makes it a perfect snack for any occasion.
Step 1: Ingredients
Wrapper (Outer Shell)
1) All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
2) Whole Wheat Floor - 1/2 Cup
3) Salt as per taste
4) Oil - 2 Tsp
5) Water required to make the dough.
Filling (Scrambled Egg)
1. Chopped Tomato - 1 Medium
2. Chopped Onion - 1 Medium
3. Chopped Coriander leaves - Few strands
4. Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Tsp
5. Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp
6. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tsp
7. Chili Powder - 1/2 Tsp
8. Eggs - 4
9. Oil - 2 Tbsp
10. Salt as per taste
Step 2: Making the Wrap (Dough and Rolling It)
1) In a bowl add the all purpose flour , whole wheat flour, salt, water and make it into a soft dough.
2) Then add 2 Tsp oil, knead and cover it .Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
3) Sprinkle some flour on the counter top, take a small portion of the dough and roll it as thin as possible.
4) Then place the rolled dough on the hot pan/griddle each side for 30 sec. Just till the dough is cooked on the both sides.
5) Remove the wrapper sheet from the pan and cut it into rectangular shapes(length 4- 5 inches and breadth 2 inches) and cover it with wet tissue/cloth so that the sheets remain moist and don't dry out. (These sheets can be frozen for future use)
Step 3: Preparing the Filling (Scrambled Egg)
1) To the eggs add salt, mix it and keep it aside.
2) Place a pan on medium heat, add oil, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, chilli powder and saute for few minutes.
3) Then add the chopped tomatoes,salt and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
4) Now add the egg and keep mixing till the eggs are cooked.
Scrambled egg for the filling is ready. Any variation in the scrambled egg can be made as desired.
Step 4: Cooking the Samosas
1) Take the rectangular sheet and fold in the middle forming a triangle shape.
2) Then roll it into a cone and fill the scrambled egg into the cone.
3) To the open end apply the flour paste(all purpose flour and water mixture) and seal that end forming a triangular shape. seal other sides if needed.
4) Similarly make other samosas ready. (These samosas can also be frozen at this point for future use)
5) Place a pan with oil on medium to high heat for frying the samosas.
6) Fry them till they are golden brown. (Adjust the heat so that you don't burn them)
Scrambled Egg Mini Samosas are ready and can be served hot with Ketchup. Enjoy !!!
Runner Up in the