Intro: Scrambled Egg Phyllo Baskets
I am learning different pastry variety and made the phyllo dough. With phyllo dough i tried some spicy breakfast recipe. I am using eggs for the filling. If you like you can add meat of your choice along with eggs. I added Indian spices to create the fusion of Indian and Mid Eastern Cuisine. Hope you like it.
- 3 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 phyllo sheets, thawed
- 3 Tablespoon grated Cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry masala powder
- A pinch Turmeric powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil leaves
Preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 degree F). Grease muffin tray.
- In a cup, combine melted butter and minced garlic.
- On a cutting board, stack 3 phyllo sheets and cut into squares.
- Since i had 6 cup muffin tray i cut 6 squares.
Cover rest of of the phyllo sheets with a damp paper towel or cloth when not using it because it dries out quickly.
Step 2: Methods
Method 1 : Brush butter between each square phyllo of 3 layers and transfer it to muffin trays.
Method 2 : Press 1 phyllo into the muffin cup and brush with butter. Add another layer of phyllo and brush with butter and repeat third time.
I find method 1 easy as the tear or breakage of phyllo is less. Also don't worry if phyllo tears.
- Sprinkle cheese on the phyllo cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until phyllo crust turns slightly golden.
- Carefully remove phyllo baskets and cool it on wire rack.
Step 3: Prepare Scrambled Eggs for Filling
- While phyllo basket is baking, prepare for the filling.
- In a cup beat eggs and add pepper, salt, turmeric, curry masala and chilli powder.
- Mix well, Melt butter in a pan and add the beaten eggs.
- Scramble eggs to desired doneness.
- Add the basil leaves.
Step 4: Phyllo Baskets With Scrambled Eggs
- Now fill the phyllo baskets with scrambled eggs.
- Crunchy Phyllo baskets with Scrambled eggs is ready to serve.
Enjoy these Phyllo Scrambled egg appetizer baskets.