After all these years, it has finally become possible for you to do a screen recording of your iPhone with iOS 11. Screen recording can be very useful for tutorials, assistance, or for apps demos that you wish to show clients.
In this simple tutorial, I show you how to enable the screen recording option for your phone and how to use it.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Control Center
In order to enable the screen recording option, you need to add the record button as a control on your iPhone.
This is done by going to the Customize Controls section of your phone.
To do so follow these steps :
- Go to "Settings"
- Then hit the "Control Center" tab
- Then hit the "Customize Controls" tab
Step 2: Adding the Screen Recording Button
- First locate the "Screen Recording" option within the list of available controls.
- In order to add it to the included controls, simply hit the green circle icon containing the plus sign.
- The "Screen Recording" option now appears in the list of included controls.
Step 3: Record Your Screen
- Swipe you phone up to show the controls menu
- There you will find the record button that looks like a dot
- Hit it once to start recording and then back again to stop
Step 4: Retrieve Your Recording
- Once you stop your recording, a message will appear telling you that your video has been saved
- You can access it by going to the your library within the camera roll
- You can share it or even use iMovie to edit it.