Intro: See the Signals of Your Phone
- We can't see the electromagnetic waves that going out of our phones.Our phones are always sending electromagnetic waves. For example : if we make a call,surf the internet,send a message...So wouldn't it be cool if we could see the signals.Have you ever wanted to know when your phone sending or receiving a data.With this instructable you can! We will make a RF to DC circuit to see the signals.
Usages And Advantages Of This Gadget
- Know before someone calls you
- Know before someone texts you
- See if your phone sends or receives data
- See what uses the most data
- With this gadget you can reduce your mobile data bill
This will be an easy instructable.We need basic tools and only a few components.
Step 1: Parts and Tools
- 2 Diodes (1N34A germanium diode) or (1N4148 diode)
- 1 Capacitor (I recommend 25 Volt 10 microfarad Capacitor)
- 1 White LED
- You need a case for your phone if you don't want to glue the gadget to your phone.Gluing the gadget to your phone or to your existing case will not harm them.So you can use your phone or your existing case.
- Soldering Iron
- Glue Gun
- A Phone(I'll be using iPhone 5)
If you have the components we can start with the second step.
Step 2: Clean Your Desk
Don't be messy like me,always put your components in boxes after your work.
Step 3: The Circuit
First diode is going to the positive of the capacitor.The second diode is coming from the negative of the capacitor.The other legs of the diodes will be connected.Long leg of the LED goes to the positive side of the capacitor and short one goes to the negative one.
Step 4: Make and Solder
Attach them all and solder them according to the images.Keep the cut leg from a component.After the soldering use the cut leg as the antenna and solder it to the circuit.
Please note that long leg of the LED goes to positiveside of the capacitor and short one goes to negativeside.
Step 5: Finding the "Spot"
After the fourth step we should find the "Spot" on our phone.Try calling your phone and while it's ringing move the circuit on the back of your phone until the led starts flashing.If you found the "Spot" then you can glue it.
Here is a video showing the search for the "Spot".
Step 6: It's Ready
It's ready now you can play with it.I mean explore the things it can.It works with GSM and 2G.Have fun.The circuit is from me.
This is my first instructable.I hope you liked it.And don't forget to vote if you liked it.