Intro: Sega SG-1000/ TurboGrafx-16 Card Holder Wood Burning
You can make these boxes any size and use them for a number of things. Example: memory cards, Game Boy games etc... My Husband just happens to be a game collector of a number of games which is why my Instructables tend to be centered around video game art. Good luck and enjoy.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- Wood burning tool. I used the round pointy tip.
- (2) small wood boxes (make sure that your cards fit.)
- Copy of your Image
- Transfer Paper
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Paper Towel
- Optional scrap wood. I like to use this to rub any excess burning off on or to text different tips.
- If you would like to make your box shinny you can use spray polyurethane and add a few coats. (see the zelda box for an example.)
Step 2: Apply Your Image
- Cut a small piece of transfer paper the size of your box.
- Place image on top of the transfer paper
- Trace the outline (make sure you get everything before you lift your image)
Step 3: Wood Burn Your Image
Follow your lines and begin to wood burn your image.
Step 4: Clean Up and Finish
- Put a small amount of Rubbing alcohol on your paper towel and wipe clean.
- this will clean any transfer paper residue and excess burning.
2. If you are choosing to Polyurethane then wait until the rubbing alcohol is completely dry. Once it is all dry fill with your items