Intro: Self Pop-up Cubic Card
I will show you how to make a cubic gift card that pops when is pulled out from a book or any other flat hard envelopes.
This is an amazing Valentine card to make for a very special person!
I did it green for visual purposes! but it could be any color depending the ocation
Print the new template that I made and do your own Cubic Card in no time!
Step 1: Materials
1. sheet of card board
4. adhesive tape
5. book (or envelope)
6. hole maker
8. elastic rubber band
11. see the PDF for the template
Step 2: Trace and Cut
1. First we will trace a square (8 cm X 8 cm)
2. Then we will continue tracing until we have the correct figure
3. Then we will proceed to the cutting part
Step 3: Make the Holes for the Rubber Band
1. Use the hole maker to make the holes for the elastic
2. You will need to stress the lines in order to have a better flexion
Step 4: Join and Glue
1. Then we will join all the parts, with the glue and the tape
2. Then we will place the rubber band inside the cube
3. Also we will need to sharp the edges of the cardboard, where the rubber band is placed in order to have a better pop-up
4. And it's done !
Step 5: How to Use It!
1. Follow the folds and fold the cube, put it inside the book and pull it out, it will pop up itself !
2. That is all !