Certainly you have a great Smartphone and probably use a selfie stick: cool, but some people has digital cameras like Sony Cyber-shot and like to use them, due its quality and useful battery and memory capacity. However, when you need to take a selfie picture, it is difficult because is no possible to see what you will capture for the picture. Thinking about this, I have developed a selfie stick for digital cameras using reused material.
Step 1: Materials
For this project, you will need the following materials:
- An umbrella stick, disassembled but keeping the handle and top notch;
- A Car Smartphone or GPS Holder: there are a hundred types and models, so if you will buy a new one, you must choose a model that make easier the connection with the top notch;
- 1/4" Bolt with nuts and washers - test carefully before the final assembly;
- A 3,5" HD Disk to use as a mirror. You can use a other size disc, but in my project, the 3,5" has proved to be better with few adjustment;
- A small self tapping screw to mount the HD disk on the Holder;
- Some bolts, nuts, washers if needed.
Step 2: Step 1: Assembly of Umbrella Stick in Holder
- Disassemble the holder, keeping the support base with articulations, and place the stick as showed in the pictures.
- In the support base, make a hole to install the Camera bolt
Step 3: Step 3: Place the Camera on the Support
Make sure the camera is securely attached.
Step 4: Step 3: Preparation of Selfie Mirror
Using a drill, make a hole on the HD disk and with help a plier, fold the edge conservting the hole for later assembly
Step 5: Step 4: Assemble the Mirror on the Holder
- Turn on the camera
- Position the disc in a way that allows the shutter to expand without blocking and not getting too far apart;
- Mark the position of hole;
- Center the disc bore with the shutter, use washers if necessary
- Make the screw hole and fix the disk on the holder.
Step 6: Step 5: Enjoy Your Digital Camera Stick
- Use the timer at the maximum time, in my case, 10 seconds, to take pictures automatically; Don't forget to turn on the bip too.
- Adjust the image seeing through the mirror (disc)
- Take a lot of pictures, as you wish!