Laddu or laddoo are ball-shaped desserts popular in the Indian subcontinent. They are made with flour, minced dough and sugar as well as other ingredients depending on the recipe.
They are often served at festive or religious occasions.
Besan with ghee or butter gives nice flavour.
- Half a cup of semolina
- Half a cup of besan (chick pea flour)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- raisins and nuts
- butter or ghee
- 7 to 8 tbsps. of milk
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Sautéing
- Take a pan and add ghee or butter to it. When it melts add the semolin.
- Roast until there is a nice aroma and a little change in color.
- Add nuts and raisins to the semolina while roasting.
- This should be done on a medium flame to prevent burning.
Step 2: Roast the Chick Pea Flour
- Once the semolina is roasted, remove the semolina and add little more ghee or butter in same pan.
- Roast the besan on a medium flame until there is a change in color.
Step 3: Mix the Chick Peaflour and Semolina
- Once the besan is roasted, move it to the corner of pan and add a little more ghee or butter into the centre.
- Add the roasted semolina to the besan and sauté on a low flame.
Step 4: Add Milk
- Add about 4 tablespoons of milk and mixed everything.
Step 5: Add Sugar
- Next add 1/4 cup of sugar and mix everything. Maintain a low flame while sautéing to prevent burning
Step 6: Make Small Balls
- After the sugar is added sauté for a few minutes and switch off the stove.
- We need to make balls when the mixture is slightly warm and not too cold.
- I added two more tablespoons of milk and mixed everything.
- Make round balls by using your hands. The mixture will be crumbly but not dry after adding the milk.
- If the mixture is dry and if you are unable to form balls add a few tablespoons of milk, mix it again and try to form balls again.
- The key ingredients are milk and ghee or butter which give everything a nice flavour and structure.
Step 7: Store Laddus in an Airtight Container and Enjoy It As Snacks
- Store the laddus in an airtight container and enjoy it as snacks.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017