The Semolina Cookies contain very healthy ingredients like Semolina, Gram Flour and Clarified Butter / Butter. Hence, I always make this for my toddler and she just loves it. Please do try this easy and delicious dessert for your kids. Thank you.
PS: Clarified Butter is commonly known as Ghee in India. It is commonly used in most kinds of food and is supposed to be an extremely healthier option to other kind of oil, hence it is preferred for kids. Please check my instructable on Homemade Clarified Butter. Link below:
Step 1: Ingredients
- Clarified Butter/Butter - 1 Cup
- Semolina - 1/2 Cup
- Gram Flour / Besan - 1/2 Cup
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Sugar - 1.25 Cups
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
Step 2: Preparation Steps
- Mix all the dry ingredients (i.e., except butter and sugar)
- Whisk Butter / Clarified Butter and Sugar until is gets fluffy.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients but do not over-mix.
- The Cookie Dough is ready.
- Make small patties and place them on a greased pan a little apart as they will expand while baking.
- If you are unable to make patties, melt some butter or clarified butter and mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F and bake for 15-20mins.
- Once done, remove from oven and cool it to room temperature and enjoy the cookies.
Participated in the