For the Final Exam, I made a servo positioning project that uses the number keypad to determine the positioning of the arm on the servo motor.
You make this project, you'll need the following items:
- Arduino Uno
- Servo Motor
- 4x4 Number Keypad
- Jumper Wires (x11)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Attach the Servo Motor
Here is where I connected the servo motor to the Arduino.
1. Connect the ground wire (black) to the GND pin on the Arduino
2. Connect the power wire (red) to the 5V pin on the Arduino.
3. Finally, connect the data wire (yellow) on the servo to pin 13 on the Arduino.
Step 2: Attach the Keypad
Here is where I attached the 4x4 keypad to the Arduino. This is a very simple step.
1. Using a jumper wire, connect the far left pin on the keypad to pin 12 on the Arduino.
2. Continue using jumper wires to connect the keypad's pins to pins 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, and 5 on the Arduino.
Step 3: Upload the Code
Now just upload the code to the Arduino and enjoy.