Shaved fennel and apple salad is a sweet and savory summer salad. The sweet, tart pink lady apples complement the licorice flavor of the thinly shaved fennel. A white nectarine and fennel dressing accompanies the salad. Raspberries and pecans add an additional sweetness and crunch.
Shaved Fennel and Apple Salad
1/2 pink lady apple, thinly sliced
1.2 fennel bulb, cored and shaved
1/2 white nectarine
1/4 cup additional fennel, finely chopped
2 T olive oil
1 t. apple cider vinegar
1/4 t. sea salt
2 T crushed pecans
8 raspberries, divided
1. Finely slice the pink lady apple.
2. Remove the fennel stems. Core out the center of the fennel bulb. Using a food processor attachment or a mandolin, finely shave the fennel.
3. In the food processor, puree the white nectarine, additional fennel, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and sea salt. Strain and reserve.
4. Layer the apples, fennel, and dressing.
5. Garnish the salad with the crushed pecans. Place a raspberry at each corner.
6. Serve immediately.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.