So recently I acquired a pair of black glitter ballet flats, I wanted to dress them up some. But with what? I wanted to make something versatile and that I could change up. Then I remembered Shoe clips my mom used to buy me when I was little. This was also inspired by a deco supply pack I had bought from My Sister's Treasures. Which is owned by two of my best friends I've known since grade school. They make amazing jewelry and also are extraordinary face painters. I really like how they came out. I spent about 8 bucks total on my supplies and most of them I had all ready had in crafting box.
Let's get started.
Step 1: The Supplies
Shoe Clips [The Creative Seed $5.95 for 10 clips]
Deco pack [My Sister's Treasures $3] or any of the following old earrings, buttons, large rhinestones.
Scrap fabric or felt
Wine cork or bottle cap
**Lighter, since this project involves fire it must be done with supervision for all parties under the age of 16.
Step 2: The Backing
1. Using your wine cork or bottle cap trace four circles onto your scrap fabric.
2. Cut each circle out and set aside.
3. Trace two circles on your chip board and cut them out.
4. Coat the topsides of the chipboard with E6000 and place fabric circle on them.
5. Flip over and add glue to the back, cover with remaining fabric circles.
6. Set aside and let dry.
Step 3: The Bows
1. Cut two foot and half lengths of 2 inch wide ribbon and two piece of coordinating ribbon.
2. Taking one length make one loop about 4 inches and then add a second loop.
3. Gather the middle of ribbon with your fingers.
4. Take your wire and wrap around the middle to secure.
5. Trim off excess and use a lighter on the edges to prevent fraying,
6. Repeat 1-5 for second bow.
7. Make smaller bow with same steps as above.Use half wire to wrap the middle and the other half to to secure the larger bow
8. Repeat for the second small bow.
9. Using left over trimmings tie over the middle to cover the wire.
10. Trim and and singe again with the lighter.
Step 4: Decorate Your Bows
1. Glue your focal to the center of the bow I used Hello Kitty Butterflies from my Deco pack.
2. Attach rhinestones. more deco supplies or glitter this part is really up to you.
Step 5: Attach the Shoe Clip
1. Gather up all your clips and bases.
2. Coat one side of the base with E6000 and attach to the base of the clip. Repeat for the second clip.
3. Set aside and let dry 30 minutes.
4. Add glue to the top side of the base and glue to center of the bow.
5. Set aside completed clips for a few hours to completely set.
Step 6: Wear Them!
Enjoy your shoe clips!