Introduction: Shot Gun Shell Rocket
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You First Need an Empty Shot Shell
****[ITEMS YOU NEED]****
< EMPTY/USED SHOTGUN SHELL
< NAIL AND HAMMER
< ABOUT 1/8 OUNCE OFF GUN POWDER(you can guesstimate)
< NEEDLE NOSE PLIARS (or regular pliars)
< ONE WOODEN SKEWER
< ELECTRICAL TAPE
(1) So take the empty shotgun shell and poke the primer on the bottom out with a nail an a hammer
(2) cut the metal and/or wooden handle off a sparkler
(3) put the sparkler through the hole on the bottom of the shell. It should fit snug if not then use a little glue
(4) pour gunpowder into shotgun shell DO NOT FILL MORE THEN HALF THE SHELL
(5) use pliers to close the top
(6) use electrical tape to attach the skewer to the side of shotgun shell (skewer should stick out so the. You can poke it I. The ground
(7) stick the skewer part of the rocket into the ground (loosely)
(8) light the sparkler part on fire
(9) step back and enjoy!