A simple project - modify a commercial shower caddy.
I moved into a small apartment for an out-of-town gig. I wanted a shower caddy.
So - I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond to see what they had. I am sure there are other places to get them. This was $13.
The unmodified one was not going to work. The base had a soap bar holder that interfered with the water control. The top shelf was in the way of the shower hose - which I had added with the landlord's permission. There was not a good area to hold my toothbrush.
I used an angle-grinder to remove the parts I did not want, but you can do the same thing with a hacksaw. The soap bar holder was easy to rip off. This caddy has poor welds. You can see where I cut off the parts I did not want. You should use a file to clean up the sharp ends and weld remains.
The toothbrush holder is made of 1.5" plastic plumbing parts. The most important thing is drill a few holes in the bottom of the plumbing cap. The cap has a short screw going through it into the union (middle fitting). You can use plastic pipe cement if you have it. The main reason I used fittings instead of a cap and pipe is the 12" pipe was $4 and the total fittings was about $2.50 - not that I really cared abut the cost, but I thought the fittings would be fun. I drilled a hold in the rim && cable-tied it to the top part. The toothpaste fits between the remaining shelf bars.
If the caddy does not want to stay on the pipe, use a radiator hose clamp on the pipe to give the caddy something to rest against on the shower pipe.