15-minute Shrimp Fried Rice – like Chinese takeout but healthier and even better!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
1 lb shrimp, clean & deveined (or protein of your choice)
2 eggs, whisked
1 small white onion, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
½ cup frozen peas
3 cloves garlic, pressed
3 cups rice, cooked and chilled
4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce (optional)
½ tsp sesame oil
Step 2: Cook Shrimp and Veggies
- Heat ½ tbsp of butter over medium-low heat in a large skillet or wok. Add shrimp and cook. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add another ½ tbsp of butter to skillet. Once melted, cook eggs until scrambled. Remove and set aside.
- Add an additional ½ tbsp butter and cook carrots and onions. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the veggies soften. Add peas, garlic, and pepper and cook another minute.
Step 3: Fry Rice
- Increase the the heat to medium-high and add the remaining butter. Once butter is melted, add the rice, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir until combined.
- Continue stirring 3-4 more minutes to fry the rice.
- Add in the shrimp and eggs. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil.