Introduction: Silhouette W/ Melted Colorful Crayons
Today I will show you how to make a silhouette with colorful melted rainbow crayon wax.
Step 1: What You Need:
- A hair dryer and/or lighter
- As many boxes of crayons (preferably Crayola)
- 1 canvas (any size)
- 1 silhouette of anything you want
- Something to cover the silhouette
TIP: COVER YOUR FLOOR (IT WILL BECOME MESSY!!!)
Step 2: Preparing the Crayons
Take your crayons in color order darkest to lightest. (Ex: Dark Red-Red, Dark Orange-Orange, etc.)
Then take off all the paper on the crayons. (It will be easier to melt.)
Step 3: Canvas and Silhouette
This is where you have free range to do what you want.
The Canvas I used was 24in by 24in (61.0cm by 61.0cm)
I bought 48 crayons but I decided to only use 24 of them. You can use any amount. It can be rainbow of just an ombre of one color.
Any Silhouette will do it can be an size. Or used to be peeled of to leave a white space on a rainbow crayon canvas. Put it anywhere you want. I put mine in the corner. Using hot glue.
Step 4: Glueing Everything
Take all the crayons one by one and put them onto the canvas.
Put the point in the direction of where you want the wax to melt.
Step 5: Melting
It is very important to cover your floors if you mind them getting messy. The wax may spatter around the room and it is hard to clean if you don't know how.
Take your hair dryer and melt it all the crayons in a up and down motion from side to side. You can remelt wax from the bottom and spread it out.
This can be a long process so be ready. It took me about 30min to melt and spread the way I wanted.
Step 6: Tips and Tricks
- Put crayons on cardboard instead to melt the wax with no crayons on canvas.
- Put protective things on you like: long sleeves, long paints, things you don't mind getting a little dirty.
- BE PATIENT it may take a long time but it's worth it.
- Have a adult if you are a child.
- Have fun. Enjoy it.