Delicious, semi-homemade baked in no time glazed doughnuts. There are 4 easy steps to making these a special morning.
Are you surprised at how easy these doughnuts are to make? The last couple of weeks, I’ve been reading cookbooks by Marlene Koch. She writes recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy. She’s a registered dietician that focuses on healthier lighter versions of your favorites. And yes, I still read cookbooks. I don’t have to tap my laptop every 2 minutes to get back the screen usually with flour-filled hands.
- 2 cans large buttermilk biscuits
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons of half and half
- chocolate shavings
- Lay out the biscuits on an 11 x 17 cookie sheet and with a 1 ½-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out the middle of each biscuit. I couldn’t find mine so I used a plastic cap from a juice bottle. It’s about 1 ½ inches wide.
- Roll the doughnut holes into a circle. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile to make the vanilla glaze combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and half and half. Add the half and half a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Dip doughnuts in glaze or pour on with a spoon. Add chocolate shavings and serve. Store remaining doughnuts in an airtight container for up to 3 days.