Here is a tasty low effort soup you can throw together for the family.
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients & Cookware
You will need these simple & easy to find ingredients:
- 2 Cans of Chicken (Drained)
- 1 Can of Corn (Drained)
- 1 Can of Black Beans (Drained)
- 1 Small Can of diced or chopped Green Chiles
- 3 Cans of Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (or 2 Cans of green and 1 Can of red enchilada sauce)
- -(I prefer all green, but some people like the traditional flavor of red enchilada sauce)
- 1 Can Ro-Tel Diced tomatoes and Green Chilies
- Wyler's Chicken Broth Powder
- Chili Powder
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Large stove top pot (or crock pot)
Step 2: Combine Ingredients
- Empty all cans into large pot. (I typically will break up the chicken some so that it won't be as large of chunks in the soup.)
- Then add 3 cans of water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chicken broth powder for every can of water you add. (If you want it soupier then add another can of water, Just be sure to add more chicken broth to give more flavor)
- Add about a tablespoon of chili powder
- Stir concoction and taste to see if you need to add more chicken flavoring or chili powder.
- Cook in pot on stove to eat within 10 minutes, or you can slow cook in a crock pot for hours to have it ready for later.
Step 3: Add Extras & Eat
1. Put that stuff in a bowl and top it with any extras you might like.
2. I top mine with a spoon full of sour cream, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, (occasionally) a couple diced green onions , and a few tortilla chips.
*Don't forget to rinse your cans and recycle them*
Runner Up in the
20-Minute Meals Challenge