I wanted to present to you today a simple realization that I was
busy for a few hours and gave me considerable satisfaction since I started with pieces of recovery (axes of high quality packaging and other pieces), and saw the end result for me was definitely satisfactory.
The idea of building this trencher came to me after I saw on the website "Etsy" examples of these cookie CU as, for example:
and he was born almost like a challenge: "I want to see if I can do something like 0 cost!" Certainly can't say I approached from time; However I would say that was a good challenge!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cutting and Gluing
I started, as I said to another new spruce planks and red wood.
Bench saw I cut these boards into pieces of the same thickness (the thickness is to choose under section with which you plan on doing the same chopping board). I have cut about 2.5 cm thick since I had plans to do so by 1 cm -1 cm approx and since the wood was somewhat irregular and rough. Then I put together so that the faces were freshly cut above and below. I then proceeded, through a disc grinder to rough out the walls that were put together to allow better adhesion. I then pasted between them, in two subsequent phases, the pieces among them. I did it this way because I do not have sufficient terminals. In the second phase I glued the two pieces ( with the PVA glue) together making sure that the whole piece does not deforming because of the pressure.
Step 2: Finishing
They are then passed to the finishing phase.
I have used, for the first phase, a portable electric Planer in order to equalize the thickness over the surface. I removed enough material to achieve a certain superficial equality. I cut above and below with the band saw the piece to size and are passed then to the stage of sanding with a disc Sander with sandpaper increasingly end until you get a decent result. I then created the handle making consecutive holes from 25 mm and with a jigsaw I also rounded the edges as you will see in the next photo.
Step 3: the Superfinishing....
With the tupie (which, I must say, I don't know use well) I rounded the edges.
They then arrived at the final stage: the "Superfinishing"!! In my case, since there were imperfections in the wood I used the epoxy Putty to remedy them. Then, with the "mouse" (orbital grinder) I proceeded to further grain finish increasingly end up to 1200 grit number.
It is truly amazing to see the wood, floor plan, transform and reveal more and more its veins that are of indescribable beauty.
Step 4: ... and End!
Really final phase: the Danish oil finish that highlights the wood grain and protects and nourishes the wood properly.
And here is the result: I would say ... interesting! To you however the judgment! Of course, the realization is simple but has its effectiveness of aesthetic impact.
Thank you all for your attention and happy surfing.
Participated in the
Valentine's Day Challenge 2016
TJC16 made it!