- Simple Indian mutton curry (spicy) (PLEASE see VIDEO for detailed instructions)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 750 G mutton curry
- One or two onions chopped
- One or two tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 Green chilli chopped
- 6-8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup curd (optional)
- 1 cup water (optional and vary depending on your gravy requirements)
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp (or on your taste) salt (for marination +for sprinkling in cooked mutton)
- 5-6 Red chilli (optional)
- cloves 3-5 (optional)
- Bay leaf (optional)
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
- Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
Step 2: Marination
- Wash and pat dry the mutton, sprinkle salt, chilli powder and some vegetable oil.
- Mix them well but gently and let it marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight.
Step 3: Cooking
- Once marinated take mutton pieces out and bring it to normal temperature you can defrost it in microwave as well.
- Now heat oil till smoking point in pressure cooker.
- Now add mutton pieces and fry till they change color (Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking it to the base).
- Once done take out the mutton pieces leaving the oil behind in the cooker.
- Now add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, red chillies, cumin in it and wait for 15-20 seconds.
- Now add chopped onions and green chilli Once onion is translucent or orange/brown add ginger garlic paste and fry for 30s to 1 min.
- Add Turmeric powder, Coriander powder and red chilli powder Now fry for 20-30 second till oil is separated.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add Garam masala, remaining salt and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Now add water and close the cooker and wait for 2-3 whistles.
- Now open the cooker and your mutton curry is ready to serve.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
- Transfer into serving bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander.
- Enjoy it with Roti or Rice.
- If you liked the video the please LIKE, SHARE our video.
- SUBSCRIBE to our channel.
- See you again very soon....
- Till then Bye and take care of yourself....
Please SUBSCRIBE to our channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCilTVLzdWPDCeDA5...