Hi everyone. An easy way to make a lava lamp at home or school. Mr Yazdan and Mr Williams show you the correct and incorrect way of making a simple lava lamp at home, which can be used for photography or just for fun.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Equipment List
- Vegetable/cooking oil
- Food colouring
- A glass / clear cup
- Any fizzy tablet. I used effervescent aspirin
- Torch or flashlight
- fill 1/8th of your glass with water
- Add five drops of food colouring
- Fill the rest of your glass with the vegetable oil
- Place the torch or your phone flashlight under the glass
- Drop the tablet inside and immediately you will see the bubbles are formed and gives a nice effect for photography or just a nice project with your students/ kids...
Step 3: The Video With Full Instruction and the Result
Participated in the
Make it Glow Contest 2018