Introduction: Simple Mixed Berry Tiramisu
Simple Tiramisu made with mixed berries is very delicious and colorful. It will easily impresses your family and friends in any get together.
Try it and sure you will love it.
** Happy New Year 2015 **
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Lady Fingers - 15 to 20
2) Cream Cheese - 250 g
3) Brown sugar - 1/3 Cup
4) Granulated sugar - 1/3 Cup
5) Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
6) Lemon zest - pinch
7) Strawberry - 1 Cup (roughly chopped)
8) Blueberry - 1/3 Cup
9) Raspberry - 1/3 Cup
10) BlackBerry - 1/3 Cup
11) Vanilla extract - 5 ml
12) Cool whip - approximately 2 cups
13) Water - 1 Cup
Step 2: Making the Berry Sauce
1) Place the sauce pan on medium heat and add 1 cup of water and 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
2) Once the sugar is completely dissolved add the lemon juice.
3) Then add the chopped Strawberries , Blueberries , Raspberries and Blackberries and let it simmer for few minutes (approximately 5 min )
4) Then strain the berries from the sauce and keep the berries and sauce separately.
Step 3: Preparing the Cream
1) In a mixing bowl add in the cream cheese , granulated sugar, lemon zest , vanilla extract and blend it well using an electric mixer.
2) Then add in the cool whip slowly by just folding it in. Until everything is mixed completely .(Increase the amount of cool whip depending on the consistency of the cream desired)
3) Cover the mixture and store it in the refrigerator till you assemble the Tiramisu.
Step 4: Layering the Tiramisu
1) Warm the berry sauce liquid (after the berries are removed)
2) Take each lady finger, dip it in the sauce liquid and layer it in the bottom of the serving bowl
3) Spread the berries on top of the lady fingers layer
4) Spread the cream layer on top of the berries layer
5) Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 as many times as required.
6) After assembling the number of layers, finally decorate the Tiramisu with fresh berries.
7) Refrigerate the Tiramisu overnight (Minimum 3 hours).