Introduction: Simple Sesame Noodle Salad
Impress your friends with this quick and easy dish!
This simple Asian salad is perfect for a hot summer day.
Made with raw vegetables, it's just as healthy as it is delicious!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients and Equipment
(Makes 1 Serving)
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Handful of Rice Noodles
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 Smaller Bowls
- 1 Set of Measuring Spoons
Step 2: Prepare the Noodles
- Take the large bowl and fill it half way with hot tap water.
- Place the rice noodles in the water and let sit while you prepare the vegetables.
Step 3: Prepare the Vegetables
- Rinse the cucumber and carrot.
- Using the vegetable peeler, peel away the outer layer and discard.
- Continuing in this way, peel slivers from each vegetable into separate bowls.
Step 4: Combine
- Check tenderness of the noodles. They're ready when easily manipulated.
- Drain the water. Leave the noodles in the large bowl.
- Add the vegetable slices to the noodles.
Step 5: Season
- Add the Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, and Mirin to the large bowl.
(2 tbsp of each)
Step 6: Toss and Plate
- Using your hands, toss the salad until evenly coated by the dressing mixture.
- When satisfied, place onto your favorite plate.
Step 7: Garnish, Serve, and Enjoy!
- Top with sesame seeds for a little flair (optional).
- If you like it spicy, a little Sriracha Sauce goes a long way!
- Don't forget the chopsticks! Enjoy!