Introduction: Simple Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
In this instructable I will show you how you can make simple shredded chicken enchiladas. Enchiladas are a great recipe and you can make it ahead of time. Just let it heat in the oven for half an hour before serving.
The enchilades are filled with shredded chicken. To make shredded chicken you just put some water to the boil, add some chicken stock cube and add a chicken breast filet. Just leave it on a low simmer for about 20-25 minutes and you can shred the chicken. In the mean while you can prepare a nice enchilada sauce. To make the enchilade sauce you can follow my previous instructable. It takes no more than 10 minutes to get it done. You can make it with oil or with vegetable butter.
Pre-heat your oven on 400 ℉. Now all you need to do is assemble the enchiladas with: tortilla, enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, kidney beans, bell peppers and onion. Fold the enchilada and put them in a oven-dish. I use small tortillas but you can use medium tortillas as well. Now pour all of the remaining enchilada sauce on the enchilada before you decorate the enchiladas with Mozzarella cheese.
Bake the enchilada for at least 30-35 minutes in the oven and you are ready to enjoy this delicious simple shredded chicken enchilada casserole.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the shredded chicken enchiladas? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 6 small flour tortillas. You can use store-bought flour tortillas or homemade (see instructable)
- Enchilada sauce. You can use store-bought or make one by following this instructable.
- 1 chicken breast filet into shredded chicken
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 2 cup of hard grated Mozzarella cheese
Step 3: Instructions
- oil a pan with water and add a stock cube and the chicken breast filet. Boil for 20-25 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 400℉
- Make the enchilada sauce by following my previous instructable or use ready-made or store-bought enchilada sauce.
- Shred the chicken.
- Take a small flour tortilla. Add some enchilada sauce, then some chicken, kidney beans, bell pepper and onion.
- Fold tightly and put in an oven-dish.
- Repeat for all 5 other tortillas
- Then pour the remaining enchilada sauce on the enchiladas.
- Decorate with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve directly,
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.