Intro: Simple Speakers/Headphone Selector
Function: When headphones plugged in, external speakers are disabled.
Step 1: Gather Parts:
* 3.5mm 5 terminal stereo jack
* 3.5mm 3 terminal stereo jack
* 3.5mm stereo plug with wire
Step 2: Schematic:
Step 3: Assemble Parts in Enclosure
* Drill holes in opposite sides of enclosure.
* Hot glue Speaker and Headphone jacks in place.
* Prepare input cable for soldering. Note ground wires from Right and Left are joined.
* Hot glue input cable in place.
* Right terminal of Speaker Jack to INNER right terminal of headphone jack.
* Left terminal of Speaker Jack to INNER left terminal of headphone jack.
* Ground terminals of both jacks to each other and to common ground of Right and Left input cable.
* Right signal from input cable to OUTER right terminal of headphone jack.
* Left signal from input cable to OUTER left terminal of headphone jack.
Step 5: Enjoy
* Plug in input from TV or other audio source.
* Plug in speakers.
* Music will be heard from speakers until headphone plugged in.