Introduction: Simple Spicy Corn Snack
When you want to make an evening snack in a hurry, this simple spicy corn snack is one of those easy to make recipes. It takes less than 30 minutes to cook and tastes real good as an evening snack.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare the Corn
- Take an ear of corn and remove the husk.
- Separate the kernels from the cob.
- Wash the kernels in water and remove the tissue which covers the kernels.
Step 2: Pressure Cook the Kernels
- Pressure cook the kernels for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pressure cooker from heat and allow it to cool.
- Drain out water using a strainer and keep the cooked corn kernels separately.
Step 3: Chop Onions and Green Chilies
When the kernels are being pressure cooked, finely chop two medium sized onions and five to six Green chilies. If you want the dish to be more spicy, you can add more green chilies.
Step 4: Stir Fry the Pressure Cooked Corn Kernels
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat
- Add a table spoon of cooking oil of your choice.
- Add chopped onions and green chilies and stir fry till raw smell goes away.
- Now add the pressure cooked corn kernels and salt to taste.
- Stir fry for a minute and remove from heat.
Simple spicy corn snack is ready.
This spicy corn snack can be served with any beverage of your choice.
Participated in the
Snacks Contest 2016