A very quick and simple way to make a 3d lunar landscape for models and children to play with.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Your First Crater
- Create a block and change the measurements to 160x160x6mm.
- Add a sphere
- Grab the height and lower it until it's only a bit above the surface and creates a nice rounded mound
- Center a hole sphere on your crater hill
Step 2: Make More Craters
- Duplicate your original crater mound and hole sphere
- Spread them out all over the base
- Resize them for x & y so they are all different sizes
Step 3: Add Some Surface
- Under shape generators / all there is a rock mountain shape
- Add one and raise the base to be level with the top of our block
- lower the height to about 4 or 5 and stretch it out over the whole block
Step 4: Finish the Model
Last step is easy, hit ctrl A to select all of the objects and join them. From here you can print it out, or add other pieces to the model before printing.
Participated in the