My roommate wanted something to hold multiple toilet paper rolls, instead of either keeping just the roll currently in use or the whole package in the bathroom. I decided to make her one out of things we had lying around the house.
Step 1: Materials
You will need:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Tissue box
- Cardboard tube that the rolls can fit on (I used a saran wrap tube)
- Hot glue
- (optional) Knife
Step 2: Making the Hole
- Trace the tube onto the bottom of the tissue box.
- (Optional) Use the knife to cut out a section of the circle you drew on the tissue box so that your scissors can fit.
- Cut out the circle.
- Insert your tube!
Step 3: Hot Glue
Your toilet paper holder is beginning to take shape!
- Cut the plastic off of the top of the tissue box.
- I found it easier to get my glue gun in the box if I cut some tabs in the top.
- Hot glue all around the base of the tube.
Step 4: Finished!
After the hot glue is dry you can slide your toilet paper rolls on!
You could use it as is, or if you wanted it to look a little nicer for the bathroom you could cover the box with paper or fabric, whatever you would like!
Participated in the