Introduction: Simple Bedside Shelf
This is a very handy shelf that I have had attached to the side of my bed for several years now, and has served me very well. It was so simple and easy, I thought others might like to make one as well.
What you need:
1. Wood Chip Box
2. 5" x 7" shelf brackets x2
3. 3/8" x bolts with nuts x6
How to make:
1. Remove the hinge on the wood chip box to remove the lid.
2. Place shelf brackets on back of box and mark with a sharpie where the holes are.
3. Drill 3/8" holes in wood chip box at marked locations.
4. Mount brackets with bolts/nuts.
How to use:
I would suggest draping a washcloth or the like over the runner board to protect the wood. Then just slide the brackets between the wood and the mattress, and there you go! Instant shelf!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.