Introduction: Simple Computer Table With Storage
I designed a simple but ergonomic computer table with a 100x50 cm storage. In this instructable I will show how you can make your own.
What you will need:
- Wooden plates -> dimensions in PDF file;
- Wooden beam 6x4 cm -> lenght in PDF file;
- Wooden beam 9x4 cm -> length in PDF file;
--> you can buy the wood in a DIY-shop or you can recycle it from furnitures, pallets, ...
- 1 meter long hinge;
- screws and screwing machine;
- varnish, maybe glue (I confirm everything with screws and used just a bit of (rubbery) glue for give a protective layer to the keyboardplate --> see later);
- some wood drills;
- sanding machine;
- woodworking machine (like picture; for sawing, planing) will be easy when you will make the wooden beams by yourself to the right section dimensions;
- otherwise a table circular saw is also okay in combination with a hand planing machine or a sanding machine
- or hand circular saw will work too but is a bit more difficult for producing the beams for the plates of course it's okay;
I used only recycled wood so the quality is not perfect but for me it's okay. I want just a simple computer table.
Step 1: Saw the Different Parts
I upload the drawing as an PDF file.
For sawing the plates you can use a table circular saw or eventualy a hand circular saw.
I made the wooden beams by my own to the right section with a planing machine (woodworking machine) but you can also buy them at a DIY-shop.
Step 2: Finising Touch of the Parts
Before screwing I drilled small holes on the places where the screws have to come, so the wood won't crack.
In some parts I drilled a hole for putting the cables, this is specified in the drawings.
The front edge of the keyboard plate I give a finishing touch with a rubbery glue (Bison Poly max) to protect it.
Then I varnish all the parts, when assembled I varnished the table a second time.
Step 3: Assembling the Parts
Like I said I made the full assembly with screws. Before screwing I drilled a small hole (3 mm) and follow it by a
Step 4: The Final Result
When you have a question or there is something you don't understand --> just ask I will try to answer asap.