Simulation of Arduino based CNC by Proteus 8 and GRBL firmware.
In this instructable I want to show how to Simulate Arduino, stepper motor and CNC code by Proteus with using GRBL firmware.
Arduino can't operate NC by it's own. Some firmware is used for doing that job. GRBL is one of popular and open source firmware.
Software need for this project:
1. Proteus 8
2. Arduino IDE
3. GRBL Firmware v0.9j for Arduino > Download
4. Gcode loader : UniversalGcodeSender-v1.0.9 > Download
5. Hex file of GRBL > Download
6. Virtual Port driver: Virtual Serial Ports Emulator > Download
7. Arduino library file for Proteus 8 > Download
Buy a Arduino set from e bay link
Step 1: Set Up Virtual Serial Pin
Set up the Virtual serial pin:
Using any Virtual Port driver. 'Virtual Serial Ports Emulator' using my project.
> Select COM pin 1
> Start COM pin
Step 2: Making G-code
G-code file need for this simulation. File format (*.gcode).
Or can use a sample G-code.
Or using online CAM service like EASEL
But ensure that this CAM support GRBL firmware.
Step 3: Proteus Setup and Componet Conection
> Using following components to make Proteus project
- ARDUINO UNO R3 - 1x
Hex inverter 4069- 1x
L297 - 3x
L298 - 3x
COMPIN - 1x
VIRTUAL TERMINAL - 1x
> Use PDF for connection
> Using Virtual COM pin in Proteus.
> Upload HEX file of GRBL to Aurdino in Proteus. (Show on video.)
Step 4: Run the Simulation
- Connect G-code sender to virtual COM pin.
- set machine zero
- Browse G-code file
Run Proteus simulation
- Send G-Code with virtual COM pin to virtual arduino.
- Start Visualization at G-code sender.
See the video