Introduction: Skinception Healing Pod
A project that make use of Arduino Uno to create a touch sensoring LED strip.
Input: Capacitive Sensor
Output: LED strips
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Get the Materials
Materials needed to make a Capacitive touch sensing LED strip:
1. Arduino Uno
2. Digital RGB LED Flexi-Strip 30 LED-1 Meter (5V)
3. 10 mega ohm resistor
4. Jumper wires
Step 2: Assemble the Circuit
Assemble the circuit as of the diagram (Check out annotations to connect the wires).
1. Arduino: Connect (5V) to (+) on the breadboard
2. Arduino: Connect (Gnd) to (-) on the breadboard
3. Connect wires from pin 2 and 4 to each end of the 10 mega ohm resistor on the breadboard (refer to green and red wire as of diagram)
4. Connect a wire that is parallel to the resistor (this wire will be the touch sensor)
5. LED strip: Connect (5V) to (+) on the breadboard
6. LED strip: Connect (Gnd) to (-) on the breadboard
7. LED strip: Connect (Din) to pin 6 on Arduino Uno
Step 3: Coding
1. Download Adafruit Neo pixel file
2. Download Capacitive Sensor file
3. After downloading the files, click on Sketch > Include Library > Add ZIP library and add the two downloaded files
4. Download the sketch! Feel free to change the colours of the LED strip (the colour codes are included in the sketch). The default colour in the sketch is blue!
Step 4: Test It Out!
Now you are all ready to test out your touch sensor! Touch the wire and see the LED light up!
Be creative in using the LED strip for your occasions!
Check out how we use the touch sensoring LED strips for a pod created for our project.
For more information about our project: https://skinception2017.wordpress.com/