Introduction: Skinny Banana Bread
Moist and lightly sweetened Skinny Banana Bread – made with bananas, coconut oil, cinnamon, and whole wheat flour.
Step 1: Ingredients
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup honey
¼ cup pure maple syrup
3 large bananas, mashed
¼ cup buttermilk, or any milk of your choice
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
optional ½ cup chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, raisins, or any other add ins you like
Step 2: Prep Pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
Step 3: Prepare Batter
- In a large bowl, whisk coconut oil, honey, and maple syrup. Beat in eggs. Whisk in mashed bananas and milk.
- Add baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk well to make sure all ingredients are distributed.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold in flour. Make sure you don't over mix - a few lumps are ok!
Step 4: Bake
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cool 15 more minutes before slicing.
Participated in the