A simple recipe with beetroot, cooked over low to medium heat without oil and just with three other ingredients : Grated coconut, salt and Lemon Juice.
Some people do not like beets due to its taste, but cook it this way and you will love it.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Wash, Trim and Skin Beetroots
- Take about 500 grams of beetroot. Wash and remove any mud particles sticking to them.
- Trim both ends using a sharp knife
- Remove the skin using a vegetable peeler.
Step 2: Cut Into Small Cubes
- Cut the peeled beets in to small cubes as shown in the pictures
Step 3: Cook Over Low to Medium Heat
- Place a frying pan over low to medium heat. Do not add any oil.
- Transfer the beet cubes to the frying pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the beet cubes to cook on low heat.
- Stir from time to time to prevent burning the beets.
Step 4: Grate Coconut
- While the beet cubes are being cooked, grate about 1/4th of a fresh coconut and keep it aside.
Step 5: Add Grated Coconut and Salt
- Once the beet cubes are fully cooked, add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Now you can add salt to your taste
Step 6: Add Lemon Juice and Remove From Heat
- Cut a lemon or lime in half and sprinkle the juice over the beet cubes in the pan.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
It tastes so good you will love it...