A simple recipe with beetroot, cooked over low to medium heat without oil and just with three other ingredients : Grated coconut, salt and Lemon Juice.
Some people do not like beets due to its taste, but cook it this way and you will love it.
Step 1: Wash, Trim and Skin Beetroots
- Take about 500 grams of beetroot. Wash and remove any mud particles sticking to them.
- Trim both ends using a sharp knife
- Remove the skin using a vegetable peeler.
Step 2: Cut Into Small Cubes
- Cut the peeled beets in to small cubes as shown in the pictures
Step 3: Cook Over Low to Medium Heat
- Place a frying pan over low to medium heat. Do not add any oil.
- Transfer the beet cubes to the frying pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the beet cubes to cook on low heat.
- Stir from time to time to prevent burning the beets.
Step 4: Grate Coconut
- While the beet cubes are being cooked, grate about 1/4th of a fresh coconut and keep it aside.
Step 5: Add Grated Coconut and Salt
- Once the beet cubes are fully cooked, add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Now you can add salt to your taste
Step 6: Add Lemon Juice and Remove From Heat
- Cut a lemon or lime in half and sprinkle the juice over the beet cubes in the pan.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
It tastes so good you will love it...