Innovation of new thing is always dependent on laziness or passion but i am lying in both category. So i decided to make smart home to control electric equipment for my laziness nature. I have created this project from scratch to feel software and hardware wiring in my way. Lets start
Note: There are many home automation available with use of already existing software.
Step 1: Components Required
Step 2: Assembly (Hardware and Software)
- Get one box 6X6 inch
- Make some small hole in box for wire
- Very carefully make connection with relay module
- Please look all picture for more reference
- Connect all GPIO connection with relay module
- Add 5V power supply via adapter
- Add WiFI module to work on network(If you are using RPI 3 then don't need)
- Download code from GitLab
Step 3: Effort Output
You can add some picture to look good for your stuff.I hope this instructable will get some attention to develop smart home with more sensors like motion,email alert, sms alert for more consumable appliances.
Step 4: Installation
- Add all stuff into box with relay connection
- Put all stuff into box as per your convenient (As shown in picture)
- Make wire connection with your existing switches
- Make sure your WIFI module out of the box for better indication
- Put all the switch in off mode
- If your WiFi system down then you can also use your existing switch
Open application IP in any browser to control electric equipment.